About Wendy Zito
Specializes in design, development and delivery of training for international organizations including off-site facilitation, career counseling and executive coaching. Has trained in 30 different countries in Europe plus Asia, Africa, Australia, India, Russia and all over the USA.
Partners with organizations to meet their business objectives by providing development services such as in depth needs assessments, customized design of training, leadership development, executive coaching, team building, problem solving, conflict resolution, cross cultural communication, general facilitation, mediation, career transitions and change management. Has worked with start up’s, mid size companies and large companies.
WENDY ZITO CONSULTING SERVICES
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
Courses developed, designed and delivered:
- “Influencing across the Organization” for Cisco
- “Managing with Emotional Intelligence” for Edwards Lifesciences
- “It Starts with You!” Career Development workshop for Yahoo!
- Strength Deployment Inventory for Teams for Salesforce.com
- Recruiting and Selecting Top Talent @ eBay
- Mastering Management @ Sun
- Lateral Leadership and Influencing across Organizations
- Recruiting and Hiring for Results
- Managing Customers with Emotional Intelligence for British Telecom
- Myers-Briggs Training for team building
- Dealing and Managing Change
- Hiring the Skype Way
- Cross Cultural Communications
- Strategic Visioning Executive Off Sites
Other courses facilitated:
- Management Essentials @Adobe
- Attracting Top Talent and Leading Top Talent @ Sun
- Managing Peak Performance @Adobe and Interviewing Top Talent @ Adobe
- New Managers Program @Sun
- Tough Conversations
- Change Acceptance Process (CAP) Program @ Sun
- Retaining the Talent Pool
- Team Effectiveness
- Fundamentals of Team Leadership
- The Art of Effective Questioning
- Diversity Awareness Training
Other Training Experience includes:
- Presented at Management Center Europe Conferences, SHRM Conferences and WIN.
- Master Trainer for Attracting Top Talent and Leading Top Talent in Europe.
- Wrote the Leader’s Guide for the 5 day, New Sun Manager’s Program.
- Conducted train-the-trainer as the Master Trainer in Europe for the New Sun Manager’s Program in Spain and Leading Top Talent in the United Kingdom.
- Facilitated V.P. and Directors staff meetings for clients.
- Facilitated New Manager Assimilations meetings for director and V.P. level.
EXECUTIVE COACHING AND CAREER COUNSELING
- Executive coached managers, directors and Vice Presidents from Colgate, Sun, Adobe, eBay, Skype, United Nations, European Central Bank, Merck, Caterpillar, DuPont, Genomic Health, Edwards Lifesciences, Omnicell, Sojern, Service Source, Apple, Genentech, Apcera, Zignal Labs and Pay Pal.
- Consulted as outplacement counselor to Right Management Associates for two years.
- Transition counseled over 500 people in career transitions.
- Lead facilitator for the Transition Support Group at the Syntex Career Center.
- Career counseled and executive coached former Tandem, Metaphor & Syntex employees.
- Facilitated for several clients interdepartmental mediations resulting better productivity.
- Coached and counseled over 100 people in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator at Syntex.
- Career-counseled over 100 Apple employees during two major redeployments.
- Coached entire staff at 10th Planet (Educational Software) on their Myers-Briggs types.
- Coached in Interviewing Skills for Director of European Human Resources for eBay.
- Designed and presented 5 roundtable’s titled “Working Effectively with Recruiters” to a collective audience of over 300 people; presented roundtable discussions on “Writing Cover Letters” “Working a Job Fair”, “Information Meetings” and “Handling No”.
MANAGEMENT AND EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Over ten years of recruiting experience at all levels from Vice President to Administrator for all possible functions. Recruited for the following companies:
• SUN MICROSYSTEMS
• SYMANTEC CORPORATION
• CISCO SYSTEMS
• APPLE COMPUTER
• SILICON GRAPHICS
• MIPS COMPUTER
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST FOR TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
• GENOMIC HEALTH
• WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
• JUNIPER NETWORKS
• EUROPEAN CENTRAL BANK
• EDWARDS LIFE SCIENCES
• BRITISH TELECOM
• UNITED NATIONS
EDUCATION and TRAINING
- Education: B.A. HONORS English Degree, University of California at Berkeley
- Honors Study Abroad: One year at the University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Languages: Fluent in French, conversational Spanish
- Certified in the SAFETY Model for team building and coaching by the ABB Leadership
- Certified in Cultivating Compassion Training by Stanford University
- Certified in the Master Trainer workshop by Interaction Associates
- Certified in the Intercultural Awareness Profile by THT Consulting, Fons Trompenaars
- Certified in the Emotional and Social Intelligence Inventory by the Hay Group
- Certified in the Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) by Personal Strengths (UK)
- Certified in the Iwam (Work, Attitude and Motivation Inventory)
- Development Dimensions International (DDI) Facilitation Skills & 360 Feedback
- Certified in Myers-Briggs Type Indicator by Otto Kroeger.
- Certified in Advanced Type and Stress by Naomi Quenk.
- Certified in Transition Management by Bill Bridges.
- Certified in Strategic Visioning and Graphic Facilitation by David Sibbet.
- Certified Instructor for the Dale Carnegie Effective Public Speaking Course.
- Certified in NLP by the Robbins Institute and Transitions Workshop by John Grinder
Citizenship: American and Swiss
Languages: English and French
- Founded a group of professional women of different racial backgrounds to come together after work and discuss current topics from their own diverse perspectives. 1993 to 2001
- Pro bono coaching for the Coaching Fellowship for high impact young women. 2016
- Volunteer for Hospice in Monterey County- Bereavement Support & Grief Busters. 2016
- Defy Ventures: Business coaching at prisons for entrepreneurs in training. 2017